ESP32 firmware providing a REST API for controlling the GPIO interface and higher functions
Please refer to the usual ESP32/Arduino language reference for usual functions documentation.
A tiny framework for ESP32 connected objects
This software package provides a minimal set of functionalities to develop a connected object using a ESP32 micro-controller.
In a nutshell:
- The object has a GPIO interface with digital and analog inputs and outputs and the capability to measure times, or connect to additional control board to drive, e.g., servomotors.
- It is connected to the (human or machine) user via a WiFi interface, as a web service, i.e., is driven using URL.
- It is programmed via an USB interface connected on a computer with an Arduino IDE development tool.
In order to ease such connected object development, we propose here:
- The EPS32 IDE environment and the esp32gpiocontrol software as documented here.
- The how-to documentation to develop specific connected objects.
- A GPIO control package also interesting as a development example, including the HTML interface for end user documented here:
Package files: https://gitlab.inria.fr/line/aide-group/esp32gpiocontrol
Package documentation: https://line.gitlabpages.inria.fr/aide-group/esp32gpiocontrol
npm install git+https://gitlab.inria.fr/line/aide-group/esp32gpiocontrol.git
- Refer to install_esp32, for the installation.
- Refer to usage_gpio, for the GPIO web service usage.
- Refer to usage_more, to get help implementing new functionalities.
npm script usage
npm install : installs all package dependencies. npm run build: builds the different doc and test files. npm test : runs functional and non-regression tests. npm clean : cleans installation files. npm run sync : syncs the files with the git repository.
aidebuild: Builds multi-language compilation packages and related documentation.